I pilfered this gem from Nigella Lawson. It’s SO quick and easy and a great side or main if you’re a vegetarian.
- haloumi cheese (about 1-2 packets – they usually come in fairly small quanitites)
- 1 x red pepper (cut into big slices)
- 1 x yellow pepper (cut into big slices)
- sweet potatoes
- garlic cloves (whole)
- red onions (sliced into quarters)
- fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste (haloumi is a very salty cheese, so you likely won’t need extra salt)
Pre-heat your oven to 180c/350f.
Cut up all the veggies and put them in a deep baking dish. Cover generously with olive oil, mix this into the veggies by hand (it feels good AND it helps coat the veggies properly 🙂 ). Bake this for about 3/4 hr – 1 hr. Slice up the haloumi cheese and put it on top of the veggies. Put this under the grill until the haloumi is nice and toasty brown. Season with pepper. The great thing about this dish is you can customise it really easily. You can just use regular potatoes, or just sweet potatoes, you can add more veggies, etc. Deeelicious.