One of the best things about some recipes is how you end up with maximum bang for your buck. This is a recipe that is sinfully delicious but incredibly easy to make, doesn’t require any baking, and has very few ingredients. Perfect for holiday entertaining for sure.
Note: The base of this as well as the tart itself need to be chilled, so you do need about 15-30 minutes for setting the base and about 2-3 hours for the tart.
Biscuit Crumb Base:
- 1 packet plain digestive biscuits (or graham crackers or Tennis biscuits), crumbed
- 150g butter, melted (might need additional butter)
- Add melted butter to the crumbs and mix well. If too dry, add additional melted butter.
- Press into a greased pie plate and chill in the fridge.
- 250ml condensed milk
- 125 fresh lemon juice
- 250g cream cheese (or smooth ottage cheese – cream cheese is better though)
- 250ml whipping cream
- fresh fruit to top (raspberries, strawberries or blueberries are especially good)
- Beat the condensed milk with the lemon juice (add this slowly) and fold in the cream cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream and then add it to the condensed milk mixture, folding in well.
- Spoon the mixture into the biscuit crumb base and top with fruit.
TIP: for easier to whip cream, chill the bowl and beaters before hand.
The result is a creamy, lemony, not too sweet tart that keeps well and serves about 10 people easily.