Yip. They’re as crazy good as they sound…
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed bananas (I usually use about 3 bananas – you can use more banana and less butter if you really want to. You weirdo.)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips (I usually do a combo of dark chocolate and milk or you can use unsweetened ones, or do half butterscotch chips – whatever you have/desire)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin pan (can also line with muffin liners).
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas, milk, butter, egg and vanilla together.
- Stir the banana mix into the dry mix.
- Add the choc chips and nuts. Mix well.
- Divide into the muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes (until tester comes out with some melted chocolate but no crumbs).
The great things about this recipe (other than the fact that these are delicious and super quick to make) is that you can play around with the recipe. Add nutmeg. Take away the cocoa. Use a bit less sugar and add some maple or regular syrup. Take away the nuts. Add a combo of choc chips or no choc chips. If you like moister muffins, use more milk, etc. etc. etc. Just don’t eat all the mixture before you cook it 🙂
Yeeessss… cray cray.