The great thing about this recipe – besides being very easy – is that you can use it as a side and then revamp it as a salad. It also only takes a few ingredients.
- 1 x cauliflower (broken or cut up into small florets)
- 1 x box of quinoa (I used a quinoa bulgar mix which added some flavour and texture – [rpb about 500g)
- fresh lemon juice to taste (prob about a tablespoon)
- Steam or boil the cauliflower in a pot. Drain, stir in lemon juice, and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions (usually bring water to the boil, stir in the quinoa, simmer for about 5 minutes until the water is absorbed)
- Add the cauliflower to the quinoa and mix well.
If you want to have this cold as a salad the next day, I recommend adding a large handful of fresh coriander on top. You can also add a little bit more lemon juice if you like it more lemony.