- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (tip: I always use chocolate chips – they just seem to melt easier and they’re more tasty but you can use chocolate blocks)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 100ml maple syrup
- 125 ml unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 packet disgestive/maria biscuits/graham crackers* (broken into small pieces)
- chopped walnuts/pecans/hazlenuts (I do a mix; you could also try dried fruit, cut up marshmellows, or pretty much anything along those lines)
- Line a large glass dish or tin with plastic wrap.
- Melt the chocolate, butter, syrup and vanilla essence slowly over low heat, stirring well with a whisk at regular periods
- Once melted, remove from heat, stir in the nuts and biscuit pieces and then pour into the lined pan
- Flatten the mixture and spread out to the edges.
- Let it cool off a little and then put into the fridge for 1-2 hours until set.
- When hardened/set, tip upside down and peel off the plastic wrap, cut into pieces and try not to eat it all in one sitting.
*I haven’t done it yet but I’m very tempted to try this with Oreos… yup. I went there.