- 1 x small pumpkin (skinned and cubed)
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder mix
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 cups vegetable stock (i.e. 2 cubes veggie stock dissolved in 2 cups boiling water)
- 1 handful fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups thick cream
- salt and pepper
- Stir the pumpkin, cauliflower, garlic, stock, ginger, and curry powder together in a large pot
- Cook for about 1/2 hour on medium heat until the pumpkin is soft
- Add 3/4 of the coriander
- Puree with a hand blender (or use a food processor to blend, making sure the soup isn’t too hot)
- Return to heat, stir in the cream, and add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of coriander.
If you’re looking for another rich winter soup, try my bean soup recipe. Perfect for cold, crappy days.